VibroUnit-FFT, the innovative condition monitoring module from kmo turbo, breaks new ground by establishing a basis that now makes comprehensive frequency-selective 24/7 online monitoring economically viable.
The dream of every vibration diagnostician and every operating engineer is to know the history of vibration characteristic values, i.e. their temporal development! Now this dream has moved within reach:
The innovative VibroUnit-FFT condition monitoring module ensures that frequency-selective vibration values are permanently determined, saved and transmitted via bus to the control system or SCADA system in order to facilitate a cost-efficient monitoring and recording of vibration values.
- The characteristic values determined by the VibroUnit-FFT allow targeted monitoring of typical machine faults, both internal and in the downstream control system, such as imbalance, alignment errors, gear tooth errors and bearing damage.
Anti-Surge Control Valve with pneumatic actuation, exceptional dynamics and quick opening times of less than 1 second.
- exceptional dynamics
- quick opening time <1 sec
- safe plug connection
- practically wear-free
- consistently low leakage rate
- suitable for oxygen
- certified in compliance with TA-Luft
- integrated positioner
- variable valve characteristics
- optimal performance even
with cascaded control
IN COURSE OF PLANT MODERNIZATIONS existing machines are often switched over to operation via DCS. This means that hydraulic actuators will be controlled via 4 ... 20 mA signals
Hydraulic actuators are often used in combination with turbo compressors and steam or gas Turbines. Their task is to run blow-off valves, inlet guide vanes as well as valves for steam or gas supply. Due to their reaction without delay, hydraulic actuators are perfectly suited for
control tasks. In terms of control it would be a step backwards to replace a hydraulic actuator by a pneumatic one.
A closed loop actuator always includes the actuator itself and the positioner (the pilot control with integrated position feedback). The pilot control consists of a combination of ele-ments as pilot valve, feedback piston, levers, springs and dia-pragm bellows. Experience has shown that many service engi-neers hesitate to touch this complexly appearing me
chanical unit and avoid any maintenance or adjustment work.
They rather prefer their replacement by suitable electronics. Such a modification becomes necessary in case of implementing the unit into a DCS. Common solutions are the implementation of I/p-converters (mA to pneumatic pressure) or I/h-converters (mA to hydraulic
pressure) between electrical controller output and pilot control.
- The characteristic values determined by the VibroUnit-FFT help to provide the key information required for a reliable vibration analysis. Without adequate information, even an experienced vibration expert is unable to reach a solid conclusion.
- Thanks to the digital preservation in the control system or SCADA system, the temporal development of the applicable vibration components can be observed and evaluated in correlation with the relevant machine and process data. This enables a fast and reliable diagnosis, often without having to consult an expert!
- Only by monitoring the frequency-selectively determined characteristic values can potential faults be detected in time, which allows scheduling of repair standstills.
- small dimensions and low weights
- simple installation
- flexible installation orientation
- no restrictions on inlet/outlet piping
- easy change-over of safe-position
- very low maintenance costs
- excellent cost/performance ratio
- standard delivery within 3 to 4 weeks